Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

22 May 2014

an introduction

So here we go, my first ever post.

My name is Iris and I am a dutch mum of 3. I am married to a lovely English/Irish man and together we have 1 daughter and twin boys. We live in Germany together with our Spanish dog and our German bantam hens.

Life gets crazy with 3 young ones and so I take solace in patchwork and quilting. Cutting up fabric  only to sew it back together again. When you say it like that it sounds kinda crazy.

I plan to mainly blog about my quilting, but I am sure that random things will get added to the mix as well.

I made my first quilt when I was pregnant with our daughter in 2010 and have not looked back since. After our darling daughter was born, going to classes was no longer managable. I needed to take the time when it came. I searched online for courses to participate in and found the Craftsy BOM taught by Amy Gibson of stitcherydickorydock.com. That proved to be the beginning of a wonderful journey which eventually led me to here writing my first blog and I look forward to see what the future holds.

And the name? Well I am and I do!

Till next time,
Iris

5 comments:

  1. Hi Iris, welcome to the blogging community! I hope you enjoy your quilting and blogging journey! Can’t wait to see some pictures of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! Can't wait to see your makes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Iris to blogger's world,
    me too, I did Amy's wonderful craftsy BOM. If you have finished yours, I'd love to see it! Take care, Martina
    P.S. Do you speak German?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Martine,
      Ich habe den craftsy BOM noch nicht fertig, dafuer ist aber den Sugar Block Club 2013 (auch von Amy) fertig, guck mal unter Finishes 2014. Machst du bei den SBC mit?

      Delete
  4. My mother sews and was a crafter, but she only ever made one quilt. Mostly that was because she thought it was crazy to cut up fabric into little pieces just to sew it back together. :-) Congratulations on starting your blog.

    ReplyDelete