Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

3 Jun 2014

Queen bee building blocks

As promised here, I want to share with you today the block I picked as Queen bee in this month for the 'joining hands' bee

In february I saw in American Patchwork and Quilting a pattern called 'tone it down', but it wasn't untill I saw Lisa Alexanders post with the different updates of the QAL that decided that I would pick this block as my block for the Bee.

It is quite a big block, 15 1/2 inches (unfinished) and certainly isn't for the fainthearted, but thanks to the clear (chain piece) instructions in the February issue of American Patchwork and Quilting it does come together very smoothly.



Untill this block I had not jumped on the Low volume bandwagon, but for this quilt it just felt right. So I asked my bee mates to make the block in 2 green tones with a low volume background. I am looking forward to seeing what blocks turn up.

In our Bee we have 2 Queen bees each month, so I share this month with Jo who asked us to make her a clock called 'chain'. Her colour preferences are  white, purple, black and grey. This is the block I made for her:


And one (ok technically three) more to round it off and link it to building block party of Jen:
I recently joined in the german Tula Pink City Sampler QAL and made the first two blocks this week:

And my June block for the Sugar Block Club 2014:


I like to get my 'obligatory' blocks finished well before the deadlines if I can because in our household things can get very chaotic very quickly. Experience shows that I got to take it when I can. But so far for this month I can not complain, plenty of block building so far, looking promising for the rest of the month.

till next time,
Iris

12 comments:

  1. Great choice for you Bee blocks! And a great start to the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks. It looks like you are in some really fun bees.

    Thanks for linking up to Building Blocks Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen,
      Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  3. Alle Blöcke sind sowas von schön, und was sehe ich da, du nähst ja nicht nur den City Sampler sondern bist auch beim Sugar BOM dabei. Bei letzterem hinke ich arg hinterher ;-) GlG, Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Martina,
      Das kenn ich mein Craftsy BOM 2012 (auch von Amy) liegt auch schon eine Weile rum ;)

      Delete
  4. I love your joining hands choice! That will make a great quilt! And your sugar camp block turned out pretty too. I have cut some fabric for it this afternoon and am looking forward to sewing it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your version of the SBC block (and many more blogposts of course ;))

      Delete
  5. I wouldn't tell your "lovely Hubby" about no room for complaint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a dutch figure of speach...

      Delete
  6. Mensch, warst du fleißig! Und du hast wirklich tolle Blöcke geschaffen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous blocks! Love the Sugar Block!

    ReplyDelete