Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

26 Jun 2014

Signed, almost sealed and delivered

I almost can't believe it, but it is true I finished my I heart Regina quilt!! She is all washed and just waiting for me to sew on a small label and deliver it. I can't wait. I really hope she will like it, but I am soooo proud of the end result. So without further ado here are some pics:




On the backing you can see that I quilted stitch-in-the-ditch/echoing of the front pattern.





The hands of my kids came out ok, but for some reason were really difficult to photograph.

I used a dark pink/purpley dotted fabric mainly because it would suit the backing so well, but am very pleasantly surprised how well it works with the front. I figured with the front being so scrappy, any one tone fabric could work.





And then totally out of the blue there was a second finish....


Using Aynils super tutorial this little sleeping bag pouch literally took me 30 minutes to make. I will be using this as an end-of-year teacher gift. I am still not sure it is really 'done' here in Germany, but we did it last year and all Miss J.'s nursery teachers loved what we made them, so I reckon it is always nice to show a little something for appreciation.

I am linking to T.G.I.F.F. this week over at Laura from Quokka Quilts and finish it up friday from Amanda Jean of crazy mom quilts

till next time,


Iris








5 comments:

  1. Oh very nice - I didn't realize that these were two different Quilts on flickr at first. Back and front are so wonderful. I like the "hand" idea.
    I think it is getting more and more common that teachers get presents... poor, not crafting moms... ;-) lucky teachers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty scrappy strip quilt, Iris! And who doesn't love a handy zipper pouch? That is really cute! Just to let you know.... I am not hosting the TGIFF this week. It is at queridocrochet.wordpress.com My linky party is for the mini quilts made by the pattern testers. Glad you stopped in though! And thanks so much for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lorna,
    my bad I misread the dates, sorry, thanks for your kind words anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The red binding is perfect too. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your finishes! that first one looks like a LOT of work!

    ReplyDelete