Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

2 Jun 2014

Tula Fever

Saturday our very nice postie came and gave me a parcel. Then someting happened that I had not really anticipated: I instantaneously got sucked in.....

After my first link to Monday Makers hosted by Aylin-nilya I received some lovely emails and comments. Several people suggested I'd join the German Tula Pink's City Block QAL hosted by Sandra and Eva. Thinking I am already participating in quite a few BOMs I was a bit on the fence, but decided to order the book anyway. After all, this QAL is quite lengthy and the blocks seemed quick and easy, so there seemed enough time to catch up.
But then the book came.....


I still can not put my finger on it, but there was an instant click. I knew I wanted to make this quilt and also in what colours: Black & White plus one (or duochrome as my hubbie pointed out)

So without further ado here are my first 2 blocks:



But that was not the only surprise. My dearest was on business travel in the US last week and brought me a pressie (I may have ordered it and had it delivered to his US office):


In this Quilty Fun there is the Bee in my bonnet row QAL from Lori Holt. It was one of those love at first sight aswell. I just had difficulty getting my hands on a copy of the book so when the business trip to the US was announced I saw a chance and took it. However it will have to wait now that Tula is in the house.

Till next time,
Iris






Linking up to monday maker/Montag Macher

2 comments:

  1. Tula Pink: they have started a QAL here in Italy too! It must be super fun to join one. I love the look of Quilty Fun but haven't managed to buy the book yet! Looking forward to seeing your blocks. The ones are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I had the I want to participate, too feeling when seeing all the announcements of this qal. But it's just insane to start another project and I'd have to buy the book, too. No budget for it. So I'll just admire the blocks that will start to pop up.

    ReplyDelete