Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

1 Jul 2014

Pinch punch first of the month

Not only first of the month but also start of a new quarter, how exciting!

I've decided to participate in Q3 and Q4 of a lovely year of finishes by Melissa and Shanna as well as finish along 2014 hosted by Katy of the littlest thistle

Melissa and Shanna ask that you set yourself one goal a month and host linky parties for planning it, and then one for the achieved goal.

My goal for July will be to make scrap baskets from Sunday morning Quilts by crazymonquilts' Amanda Jean in the primary colours

I've been sorting my scraps (roughly) and think it is achievable as a first goal. So red, blue and yellow all prepared on the pic lower down.

Now if I widen the parameter a bit and look at what I would like to achieve in Q3 as per the Finish Along 2014 rules, I would like to finish:

Scrappy trip around the world quilt:



This has been a slow growing WIP and I think it is ready to finish and be given away and I know just the person.

Herringbone quilt

pattern by christaquilts
Charmsquares are all cut, well all the purple ones anyway. I planned to combine this one with a mix of solid and printed grey.

Scrap baskets in all the colours of the rainbow.


Ever since I started reading sunday morning quilts I knew that the first pattern from this book had to be a basket or two.


Sew bag pattern 

pattern by sewdemented. This bag by now is famous. I've picked some fabric for it, but I might change my mind, or make two.


Joining hands bee quilt Round 1

Round one of joining hands bee when it was my first ever time to be Queen bee.


The challenge here lies in that the blocks came out at different sizes, ranging 1-1,5" in size difference. I think it may have had something to do with printer settings for this paper piecing block I chose. Anyhow, I have an idea how I can solve this, but later more about this.

I think, especially considering there is a long summerholiday in this Q3, that this list is challenge enough as it is. 

Linking up to:  a Lovely year of finishes by Melissa and Shanna as well as Finish along 2014 hosted by Katy of the littlest thistle


Iris

5 comments:

  1. I've just abandoned my Sunday Morning Quilts scrap boxes in favour of plastic bins (which, admittedly, I'm not delighted about), because they are just too small. They're gorgeous, but not especially useful for me. My advice would be to make them bigger than in the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers I very much appreciate advice like this, thank you.

      Delete
  2. Great list of things to achieve. I look forward to seeing how you progress them. Love the scrappy Round the World xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that herringbone pattern. That will be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh. Well, There are some goodies on your FAL list! Looking forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete