Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

31 Aug 2014

August, an overview

Last day of the month, unbelievable! The kids have all been in nursery for 2 weeks now, well theoretically. In both weeks I had one or the other kid at home with fever or (non existing) diarrhoea (better safe then sorry). 
I find I am still very much looking for a new routine to settle into and as a result feel slightly unsettled, but am hughly enjoying not having the pressure of having to plan my day with military precision.  

Housework without kids is faster and the dog definitely enjoys the longer (child free) walks we take. I also started running again and have even registered for a half marathon in march in Venlo, the city I grew up in. Pre-kids I really enjoyed running and walking.




Having more time however  doesn't neccesarily mean that more gets done. I seem to squander a fair bit of time, which is a luxury I haven't had for a long time. So although I was dreaming of all these hours of free sewing time, I am still to realize them, but I am sure that as we all settle into this new routine all this sewing time will materialise. 

It should not come as a surprise that August was not my greatest month of finishes, but I managed to keep up (or catch up) with all my BOM commitments and that in itself is an achievement. Not to mention ticked off one more Q3 goal and finished my ALYOF August goal.



I will be linking up to fresh sewing day and small blog meet over at Lily and Montags Macher/Monday makers are back over at Aynil and Susanne.

Till next time,


Iris


13 comments:

  1. I took a peek at your 2014 finished quilts. Your Celestial quilt is amazing. It actually looks like you've done a lot, achieved a few goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous makes! I love your sew together bag!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Joanne, it is definitely worth the hype

      Delete
  3. It looks to me like you got plenty done! I love that snail trail block, I'm off to try to find the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the quilt alongs, but sometimes I have trouble finding ones that are just starting. Congratulations on signing up for the half-marathon! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - so many projects in just one month! I have also noticed that Aylin and Susanne are doing the Monday Makers again... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks like you've accomplished a lot for the month! I'm in the Euro Siblings Bee too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've finished a lot in a month. Love the "Keep "Calm" sew together bag. It's been on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had a busy month! Sewing time will soon come round.....and then it'll be the holidays again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just joined Lilly's group. I see you are doing the Kitschy Kitchen quilt..me too. I love it and the design is so fun. Sound like you ar ea busy mom... enjoy it now! Have fun.
    Jules

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw your link from Lily's Quilts Small Blog Meet and I love your work. Your scrap baskets in particular have inspired my to make some! It's nice to meet you and I look forward to seeing more of your blog posts in the future

    ReplyDelete