Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

26 Sep 2014

All tripped out

I can't believe it with almost a week spare I finished my September goal for ALYOF which af course was also one of my Q3 goals for FAL2014. May I present to you, back from a trip around the world:


The quilt is 1.20m x 1.50m approx. and I used a double layer of Hobbs 80/20 for the batting. I love how it gave it an extra sense of snugglelyness.


 For the quilting I decided to try some of the 1001 stitches my machine came with.
 

 The tulips are definitely my favourite!


 Something else I tried on this quilt as well was to make an invisible seam in the green backing. For a first time I think I did well, it almost aligns up perfect.


One more from the front and one more from the back, this one is heading to the washing machine and dryer. 


For now  I am linking up to  Finish it up Friday from Amanda and T.G.I.F.F. hosted by Audrey this week but later will link this to the September finished party of Melissa and Shanna and the Q3 finish list party of Katy

till next time,
Iris


5 comments:

  1. Beautifully done!! Love your version of trip around the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title of the post and blog name match..haha! I also like you quilt, nice and cheery

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very pretty. The back seam does match wonderfully, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Iris for sharing at TGIFF Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! It looks great! I've managed to finish two things from my QAL#3 list - if I sew madly for the next 4 days then I might manage to get a third one done. I think I had about ten things I wanted to do...sigh! Good luck with your entry.

    ReplyDelete