Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

3 Sep 2014

WIP catch up

Today I wanted to share an updateon a longstanding WIP. I started it in June 2013 as a road trip project and after our holiday this August I am proud to announce that I currently stand at 850! We have planned a minibreak at the end of September so hopefully I might even get to 900 then.....For now I'd like to share the current state:


EPP hexies August 2014: 850
 I am also working on a gym bag for Miss J. I am paper piecing her name on it (Pattern from Diane) and I am using Jeni's drawstring bag tutorial (from back in the day when it was a tutorial rather than a pattern). I am hoping to get it finished by friday.


And last but not least I promised to give an update on my scrappy trip around the world quilt, which I chose as my September ALYOF goal.



 Currently I have 18 blocks, but have decided I want to make a bed cover for our guest bed. To make it cover the whole bed it needs to be 5 x 8 blocks which means another 22 (!) blocks. My thought for quilting was to use some of the many fancy stitches my machine has programmed and that I hardly ever (read NEVER) use. So I had better get started!

Linking to Lee of freshly pieced.
Iris

11 comments:

  1. Ahhh - that is it - I thought about the drawstring tutorial once because I have seen it so often. But I didn't want to spend 9 Dollars so I took the tutorial from Svetlana from s.o.t.a.k. handmade.
    How many hexies do you want to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the colors in you last pictured quilt, it seems like it will take a long time but will be so worth the extra blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to start one of those scrappy strip quilts so badly but need to be content with just stockpiling the strips from my scraps right now and stay focused on my hexagon projects. Love your hexs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you have your work cut out for you for the next month, but it will totally be worth it. And I absolutely love those scrappy hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your trip around the world. And all those hexies? OMW! Are you hand sewing those together?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh heavens so many hexies, they are gorgeous, the brightness of the trip around the world is stunning. But you had me at paper piecing its my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! What size are your hexagons? I'm working with 1 inch ones and have wondered how many I might need if indeed I decide to make a quilt top with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great hexie quilt. I'm slowly sorting out my scraps and plan to start one as my long term project next year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy hexies! Now I know where the "crazy" in Crazydutchbirdquilts comes from! That is one heck of an undertaking, but I'm sure it will be well worth it in the end. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first quilt was a hexagon quilt. Only took me 15 years to finish it. Mainly because It spent about 13 years in the cupboard because I didn't know how to quilt it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many Hexie's.....grin. Love it.

    ReplyDelete