Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

3 Oct 2014

a cousin and we are off to a flying start.

I am off to a flying start this last quarter of the year.

On my finishes page there is a quilt I made for a friend of mine who earlier this year had a baby girl, Pauline. Now Pauline had a new cousin on the 24th of Septermber a baby girl called Frieda.

My friend loved her blanket so much that she asked me to make something similar for her new niece. One of the details she was most chuffed about with Paulines blanket was that I FMQ Paulines name in the border and she wanted me to do that for Frieda too. It took Friedas parents a while to decide on her name and then her birthday was then pulled forward by nearly 3 weeks made the deadline tight.

I am very happy with the result, so without further ado:



















The quilt measures 1 x 1 meter, backing is fleece with a layer of 20/80 hobbs batting in between. All the top and binding fabric was from my stash. I used Jenis Giant star tutorial, but modified the size.

I am glad to say that mother and baby are doing well.

Till next time,
Iris





I am linking to: Amanda Jean for Finish it up Friday, Laura for T.G.I.F.F.

7 comments:

  1. This star is so pretty, and I really love the quilting. Is it hard to quilt words?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet quilt. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done; a giant star like this is on my one-day list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so pretty, will be very treasured :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made two lovely baby quilts! Not blankets. Blankets are one layer and aren't quilted. I hope the babies will enjoy the quilts you made for them for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice - like it - and especially the quilting you have made with the star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you put the name in the border with the FMQ!

    ReplyDelete