Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

7 Nov 2014

Hand quilting

Today was a day I have been looking forward to for a while, I was able to participate in a hand quilting course at my LQS. The course was taught by Ulla Zipperer. We were 3 participants and Ulla. Which was great because it gave the whole thing a rather intimate feel.

I have had a mostly self thaught quilting journey so far, but was really glad I took this class.

The first thing I learnt was that with hand quilting the quilt is loosely held in the frame. The technique is not hard at all, so there was lots of time to just chat and trade tips and tricks.

I enjoyed the whole afternoon immensly and love the rhythm you can get into with hand quilting.

first practise stitches


Other happy news: Mr.K. (who misses his papi the most when he is away) has really fallen in love with the comfort quilt.



More happy news: I found a Janome dealer who has send me a replacement screw which should arrive early next week untill then I am off practising my hand stitching. Have a lovely weekend.

till next time,
Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment