Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

30 Dec 2014

The last finish of 2014

Today I dropped off our dog for her holiday and handed over the Hootenanny quilt to my uncle.

So I finished my last quilt for 2014:




I kept to the quilting as per pattern in 'Dare to be Square' by Boo Davis using Aurifil wt40. And for the backing I used the left over fabric. It didn't come out perfect straight, but close enough and I am very happy with the overal modern feel this quilt has. It has a layer of Hobbs 80/20 as batting.


My uncle loved the quilt and I hope that the two of them will enjoy many cuddle hours on the sofa for the next week.

With this last finish I fullfilled my ALYOF december goal and my FAL Q4 list isn't looking too shabby either.

My FAL Q4 goals were as blogged here and I finished:
1: Star plus quilt 
2: Hootenanny Quilt using the pattern from the Dare to be square book by Boo Davis. (as per this blog post)
3: Adventcalender for Mr C.
4: Christmas Stockings for Mr. C. and Mr. K.
5: Miniquilt for a swap I am participating in.

5 out of the original 6 goals is a super result for me and has convinced me to continue with this in 2015.

till next time,
Iris

2 comments:

  1. I love your quilt, I've been looking at the same book and you've convinced me to buy it now. Great job. I've entered both groups as well (ALYOF & FAL2014) . I put in 6 quilts, didn't do all of them, but completed other quilts for Christmas so I'm fine. Congrats on everything you've done. Great job Iris. I'm looking at continuing on as well so see you in the new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all your finishes!

    ReplyDelete