Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

1 Dec 2014

Tula 54/55: Advent is here

So the Tula Chapter is done!!! The last two blocks are:

Block 54: Sunny side up
Block 55: Bourballs
And I also managed to finish Mr.C. Advent Calendar in time, but the weather doesn't really allow for nice pics:


The sachets are off centre in the squares and so I decided to organically echo quilt them. I love the effect and are amazed at what a difference the quilting makes to the whole feel of the quilt (compared by his brothers one that I stippled last year).

Organic echoing of the pockets
Backing Mr.C.'s advent calendar
Mr. K.'s stippled advent calendar
I am pleased with the outcome and so is Mr.C. who was very pleased to empty the first pocket this morning. That's one more of the FAL Q4 list, yeah!

I am linking to Aylin and Susannes Monday makers and Lynnes Small blog meet and Fresh sewing day.

Till next time,
Iris

9 comments:

  1. Great Tula blocks. I love your fabric choices. Very nice advent calendar as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! Love the backing fabrick, what's it called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just says Christmas collection, but not by whom :( Sorry.

      Delete
  3. I wanted to make an Advent Calendar too this year, but I had not enough time because of my craft fair preparations. lovely blocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your advent calendar
    I'm nearly ashamed to say: I bought one
    But I love it: numbered baggies on a rope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's whats most important! Have fun counting down

      Delete
  5. Your Tula blocks are wonderful. So is the Advent Calender! I love it, the quilting is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am just crazy about that Sunny Side Up block!! and your binding!! I never thought of making a sewn advent calendar before this year. Hmmm I wonder if I have time...?

    ReplyDelete