Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

16 Jan 2015

Sew my stash 2015

This week I read Wendys post on how she is trying to manage her UFO/WIP pile. It turns out that allpeoplequilt.com have developped a simple, yet seemingly effective way of tackling a pile of UFO/WIPs. The steps are as following:

1. Download the UFO Challenge chart here.
2. Fill in twelve projects that you want to finish this year. You can choose from any of your UFOs. If you have a kit you bought but never opened or fabric you've been holding on to for too long, add using it up to the list. Embroidery, knitting, crochet, scrapbooking, and painting can count toward your list, too!
3. On the first Monday of each month, we'll randonly draw a number 1--12. That number will correspond with which number project you work on throughout the month. Fill in the description of where you were in the project before you start.
4. At the end of the month, fill in your progress and post pictures for everyone to see using the hashtag #APQResolution.
5. By the end of the year, you'll have 12 finished projects! Or you'll at least have made a significant dent in your stack of UFOs.
So I did:


And the reason I did was because a lot of my stash is from fabric purchased for a specific project/quilt. Now I recently blogged about my desire to sew my stash in 2015 and linking to that my participation in Leasas 

#SewMyStash2015

It just seems like the next logical step. More on the UFO of this month later in another post soon.

But speaking of 'sewing my stash' I'd like to share with you my WIP baby boy quilt which will be my first sewn from stash project in 2015. I was given a lovely bundle of FQ's and decided to make a quilt for my friend who is expecting her second baby boy in february. I had decided on HST, but when it came to the border I found myself automatically wanting to buy fabric. When I became aware of this I made myself do one more round of my stash and found 2 lovely, very matching fabrics that together with the the leftover solid green they made a very nice border, if I do say so myself.


I did think that the best binding for this  quilt would be a solid, so I 'indulged' in buying some solid grey/anthracite. Not heaps, just about enough for the binding, with a bit of scrap left over for which I do already have a plan in mind.


Till next time,
Iris


1 comment:

  1. It seems a lot of us are thinking the same thoughts about getting some of those projects out of the sewing room and into our lives for use or gifting. I set up a linky party for each Friday to keep me motivated to make some progress on those UFO/WIPs. So far it's working. I invite you to join us there by linking this post. We'd love to watch your progress on those 12 UFOs. That is a lovely looking baby quilt. The color combination is lively.

    ReplyDelete