Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

15 Feb 2015

#APQResolution January

Last week I finished my All People Quilt Resolution challenge for January. If you are wondering what this challenge involves I blogged about it here
For January my UFO was the giant start quilt. I had pieced all the blocks, so just needed to piece the top, baste it and quilt it. 


I quilted it similar to the quilt I made for Frieda in 2014. The Star is echoed and satin stitched in the ditch. 

I also choose a white border, but this time I went with organic FMQ flowers rather then stars. 


The binding farbic is different as well. All cottons were from my stash, but the fleece backing I had to buy.


To be honest it was easy to get this UFO out of the way, because it was such an easy, quick project and there was just the baby girl that needed this. 

For February my challenge is my 'Tone-it-down' WIP which is not so easy to get completly out of the way, but I'll still give it a try to get it moving along.

So how was your weekend?

Iris

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a quilt with one giant block. I have yet to do it, but it's in the plans. I really like the star situated on the pale pink background, and then bordering it with the white. It's subtle, but makes it for me! I've never backed with fleece or minky yet. Did this make it much harder to quilt?

    Julie

    ReplyDelete