Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

21 Feb 2015

Progress

So yesterday was the third Friday of the month and that means FNSI:

Wendy has been hosting this party for quite a while now and the turn out is always great.

In the past I've been succesful catching up with Tula on FNSI, so when I signed up I decided to start some preparation work.



The German Tula Pink City Sampler is advanced it to the high 70s. Up until now I have been making blocks pretty random. The only 'design' I had tought of was Black and white plus 1. Sitting down and drawing the 100 'blocks' made me think a lot more about the end result. I am not done yet, but have enough direction for the next couple of weeks. I am still working on 'sashing' ideas.

Block 75-78
Part of the fun of this QAL is that Tula encourages one to personally name the blocks. So here is what I came up with:
Top left: Block 75: Treasure
Bottom Left: Block 76: Around the block
Top Right: Block 77: Sunrise
Bottom Right: Blok 78: Tia Maria

The rest of the evening was spend pottering/tidying my sewing dungeon, which was nice and relaxing as well and that is exactly what I like about the FNSI sign up, you purposely set time aside.
Thanks Wendy and I'll see you all next month (21st March) for the next FNSI.

till next time,
Iris

7 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a very productive FNSI. Love the names you have chosen for your pretty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it will be a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little blocks...your preparation looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Iris.
    vielen Dank für deinen Kommentar im QuiltBlog, so findet man "neue Blogs" und ich folge jetzt via Bloglovin.
    Zu deiner Frage, ich habe noch nicht bestimmtes vor mit meinen 6" Scraps, aber ich habe schon viele in der Größe von diverse Tauschaktionen, und ich finde sie ganz praktisch.
    Deine Tula Blöcke sind toll, ebenso dein Layout.
    Es wird spannend wenn wir die ganzen German QAL Quilts zu sehen bekommen, es ja bald so weit ☺
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Iris,
    very nice little blocks !
    I like the book too .
    Best wishes
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a very productive evening in your dungeon! Love those blocks and the names you have given them. Have fun....xx

    ReplyDelete