Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

28 Apr 2015

(Euro) Siblings together: Chained


This year I joined a Bee called Euro Sibling Together Bee (ESTB). I felt very strongly about this good cause as from experience I know how important siblings are, especially when tough times happen as youngster.



The ESTB is the mainland European group herded by Pippa with quilters from the Netherlands, Switserland, France, Germany, Denmark and even USA. It originally started in the UK where Lynne set up the Siblings Together Quilting Group to donate quilts to the Siblings together charity.

So what does the Siblings together charity do? They provide a range of recreational, creative and educational activities for children separated by care.

So all the quilts made go to children participating in the summer camps run by Siblings together. Check out the gallery on the Siblings together website.



In January I was queen bee, so I posted my tutorial and colour requirements. I chose a LV background with red, yellow and green highlights. At the time I didn't have a name for the block, but now that the quilt is done I decided on calling it Chained.

I really wanted to finish this quilt for this years summer camp season and I am chuffed I made it. As this quilt is meant for lots of snuggling I kept the quilting minimalistic alternating squares in squares with echoing.





















For the backing I used some of the bee blocks and stash and the binding too comes from my stash.

If I am honest the quilt didn't quite come out the way I had imagined and it may not be my Opus Magnum, but I have rarely been more proud of a quilt. I feel very blessed for being able to contribute this quilt to such a fantastic und much needed charity. Now I just hope there is a kid that likes it too.



till next time,
Iris





Chained is part of my FALQ2 list and my ALYOF goal for April

I am linking to the finishes party of ALYOFAmanda Jean's finish it up Friday and Thank goodness it's finish Friday  this week and last but nor least Pet Project show over at Pink Doxies

17 comments:

  1. Hello Iris, I've just noticed your comment on my blog about the Millefiori Quilts 2 book, sorry I missed it previously - we have it in stock again now at www.sewandquilt.co.uk hope that helps, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie, I've ordered it recently from you and have received it as well in Newbury. Will you do Paper pieces packs for e.g. Ballet?

      Delete
  2. great pattern! I see why it is called "Chained" because they totally look like links

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Iris! Quilt looks amazing. So proud to have been a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! That is a great block for a bee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decision to echo-quilt inside the blocks. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Iris. This is a really lovely quilt photographed in a very lovely setting. I think the echo quilting really suits the quilt. Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you have put them on the back

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quilt!! Beautiful colors and the back is perfect. What a great quilt to give for charity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is just beautiful! And I love your fun backing, too!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a great quilt and will be loved by one of the ST bairns!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since I am new here, I am checking out some of your older posts by clicking randomly on post suggested under "you might also like". This quilt is a beauty. A great bee block that really works. The result is splendid, and what a great cause.

    ReplyDelete