Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

20 May 2015

One lovely blog award

Earlier this week I received a lovely email from Lisa telling me she awarded me the one lovely blog award. I met Lisa through TGIFF link party. Lisa blogs at Sunlight in winter quilts. I love her mixture of modern and traditional especially her Swoon or her more recent 'Mixed up in the middle' mini.

So what does this award entail?


Here are the rules/instructions for the “One Lovely Blog Award”:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you (mention your nominator in your own award post with a link back to their original award post, which for me would be this one).
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3.  Nominate 10 other blogs for the award. 
(Note this was how this information came to me but I have since found out that a year ago the 3rd agreement just said nominate other blogs for this award....so I say if 10 seems overwhelming just go with the number you are happy with.
So 7 things you need to know about me?


1. I was born and raised in the Netherlands, but via a scenic route (that went through Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and the UK) have currently ended up living in Germany.


2. I am a full time mama to a darling daughter (4 years) and twin boys (2 years).


3. I started blogging almost a year ago and quilting 5 years ago when pregnant with darling daughter.


4. I will be attending my first ever sewing/quilting retreat this september.



5. I have set myself up in the cellar after sharing 'an office' room with my husband turned out to be less than ideal.


6. I love scrappy/stash quilts, you know the ones that have about 70 different fabric 'lines' in them.


7. I ran my first post twin pregnancy half marathon this March and really got into running again, but find myself sewing less as there is only so much time to spare.

So that leaves me with 10 blogs I need to nominate. I proposely picked bloggers that I know to me small and or new(ish) blogs. Some I found thorough the various links parties kicking around, but all really spoke to me. When I find a blog it is important to me that I can relate and preferably that the blog is keeping it real. Please do check them out for yourself and say hello. I am sure it will be hugely appreciated.



I hereby like to nominate in random order:

Michelle who blogs on from bolt to beauty
Eva who blogs on Eva's leisure
Christine who blogs on Grapes & hearts
Eva-Marie who blogs on ZusjeB
Franziska who blogs on Kreatives von mir
Julie who blogs on Pink Doxies
Juditch who blogs on Julchen naeht
Sandra who blogs on Hohenbrunner Quilterin
Anne who blogs on Hudson Valley Quilts
Natasha who blogs on One thousand layers


The pictures featuring this post are of some of my favourite quilts I made over the last year. I hope it was fun for you to read this out of the ordinary post and you will look up some of my nominees.

Till next time,
Iris

4 comments:

  1. Vielen lieben Dank Iris! Ich freue mich, dass Dir mein kleiner Blog gut gefällt. Du hast hier wunderbare Projekte aus dem letzten Jahr gezeigt, da muss ich erstmal suchen, ob ich auch was nettes für meinen Blog-Post finde :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iris: Beautiful quilts in your post. It was really interesting to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Iris, das gefällt mir, da werde ich gerne mitmachen. Mal schauen, wie ich es einrichten kanzeitlich nahe einen Post zu schreiben.

    LG Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for nominating me, Iris. I feel honored and flattered. We were on vacation when your e-mail arrived, thus sorry for the late response. I couldn't access some e-mails and other technology where we were. They didn't have great wifi service. I will re-post and link back to you before Thursday night.

    ReplyDelete