Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

30 Jun 2015

100 days of fabric


After taking the pledge here, I realised that I have been neglecting to set time aside to be creative. It just slips, life just happens and at the end of the day I find myself tired and drained. But I also know that nothing recharges me more/better then some sewing time. So time to make more of a conscious effort.


Et voila I found the #the100dayproject. It is all about the proces. It started a while back, but since I am doing this for me I 'joined'.

There have been days that it was a real struggle to find even just one hour. But there has so far not been a day where I regretted making the effort.

day 1
The first week in was relatively easy, since there are a ton of birthdays coming up. Which is great for quick finishes.

Day 2
I was also behind on bee blocks.

Day 3

Then I expanded my sewing range a bit.
Day 4
Day 5
I managed to finish a project I had lying around for quite some time. I once had this dress that I loved, but it was getting old. So I decided to take it a apart and use it as a pattern for a newer version. That is definitely easier said then done, but it is finished now and I am very, very pleased with the result.

Day 6
I have signed up for a hand pieced mini swap which is currently taking all my time. The deadline is looming and piecing is slow. Keeping at is has been a real challenge, and I have taken 2 joker days. 

Although it is early days I can see what is meant by 'it is all about the proces'.

Creativity takes effort, but always worth it!

you can follow my 100 day project on Instagram #100daysoffabric

till next time,
Iris


No comments:

Post a Comment