Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

15 Jul 2015

#Handpiecedminiswap

I send off my mini today! Which is a good thing because from tomorrow we will be on the move. First to a wedding in the UK and then for a couple of days Sun, sand and beach in France.


I picked a rosette from a pattern called 'Ballet with Kaffe Fassett' which can be found in the book Millefiori Quilts 2 by Willyne Hammerstein.


I intend to make the full version one day (soon) and have ordered 'made to measure' templates from sunset seams. They have the wonderful service that they will make acrylic templates from any shape you send to them, for good value for money.

I surprised myself in two ways in the process of making this mini. First I kept the quilting minimalistic and second I chose the busiest print for the binding. I love how it made the whole mini come together.


Of course I added a few (hand made) extras.  I love the bracelet pincushion and dumpling bags as a go to for extras. I used the same fabric for the dumpling bag as I did for the backing of the mini.

That is me done for June ALYOF,  linking once the finishes Party opens.

Till next time,
Iris






This mini was also part of my FAL Q3 list

3 comments:

  1. I've been watching the progress of this with envy. It looks lovely now it's all finished. Enjoy your time away

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just darling!! Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete