Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

17 Sep 2015

Farmers Wife 1930s QAL

YEAY! it has started!
I enjoyed the German Tula QAL last year so much that I decided to participate in another year long QAL. The Farmer's Wife 1930s QAL is hosted by Kerry. There is another one starting later in the month hosted by Fat Quarter Shop and Angie, but that one opts for a more random order of blocks, where Kerry goes numeral. 


I decided to use this Moda Bundle 'Fancy' that has been in my Stash for a while, however I did buy some solids to combine with it. I'll see how far this FQ bundle takes me. The line is still available.


Per week there are two blocks due, whereby one has the choice to paper piece it or use templates. I have opted for the paper piecing option. Martina one of my  Modern Cologne Quilter friends suggested I try using sandwich paper as it is much easier to tear. The slight down side it that there is some tracing to be done beforehand.

 This week Block 1: Addie

Block 2: Aimee

I am looking forward to getting into the flow of this one. How about it feel like joining?

Till next time,
Iris

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately no time on my side! ...still have to finsish my Tula quilt and my first Farmers Wife ;-) Like seeing your progress, though! Didn't really recognize that there are two groups makeing it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay,

    das sieht super aus. Vielleicht werden ich doch noch diese Blöcke machen, aber eben erst nächstes Jahr. Muss ja noch den Tula Pink Quilt beenden.

    Liebe Grüße

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like fun, but I'm not joining you. Too much on the go already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to keep tabs of this......much more pretty and modern than the traditional Farmers Wife in reproduction....I could be swayed!

    ReplyDelete