Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

3 Sep 2015

TGIFF Cousin quilt

This is my very first hosting of a link party, so bear with me ;)


I am very excited to share with you my most recently finished quilt.

A while back I made a quilt for one of my dearest and oldest Friends who this last February became a second time mom to Reinier. It was my first finish of the year. So when in August Reinier got a new cousin I decided that he too should have a nice quilt to welcome him into this world. Nothing says welcome to this world like a cuddly quilt does, wouldn't you agree?


I liked the HST feel from Reinier's quilt so that was my starting point. I took a charm pack of Reunion by Sweetwater that I had waiting for an occasion like this.


The pictures are sadly not the best. The weather gods have not been very good for photography this week. The top and bottom border is navy, while the side ones are lime green.


I FMQ Name and date of birth in the top borders. In the main bit I kept the quilting to a minimum as not to take away from the cuddliness. For that same reason I backed it with fleece.

This quilt is part of my FAL Q2 list


Now I can't wait to see what you finished this week, please share your projects for 




7 comments:

  1. Nice finish! I love the FMQ of the name in the border. It's awesome. Thank you for hosting TGIFF this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little baby quilt! Great idea to fmq the name into it. Thanks for hosting this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute baby quilt! I love the colours, perfect for a baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric, perfect for a boy! Very sweet way of including the name and date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that a cuddly quilt is a great welcome. Love the name and date quilted into this. Thanks for hosting this fun linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My linkup this week is a baby quilt (we both made baby quilts!) ...a few months ago, our elderly neighbor passed away after a long battle with cancer. She, too, was a quilter, and her family left me some of her supplies. In there was a bag of soft fabric - some squares were attached. It was a gift to complete this for her great grandson.

    ReplyDelete