Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

31 Oct 2015

Compromises

Here we are on the last day of the month. As the end came nearer and nearer a couple of spanners were thrown into the works. Since the twins arrived 3,5 years ago today life has been a juggling act. Borders and limits are being newly defined on an almost daily basis.


In the beginning I learnt quickly to reprioritise. Now I am becoming more and more aware that it is a marathon and we are in it for the long haul. That realisation has slowed me down. I no longer seek to break the bank. Compromises have to be made, and can be enjoyed. In the past I begrudged them, but I am changing my tune.


So todays post is a compromise. The quality of the pictures can be considered shocking. The alternative was no Post, no finish, no ALYOF linky party. And I enjoy those. They give me a sense of achievement in a month were (seemingly) not much else was achieved.


Of course I get it, nicely lit pictures are much nicer to look at. But perfection is not what I strive after, balance and enjoyment are.

So I present to you my Finished ALYOF Oktober goal: My Craftsy BOM 2012 quilt which happens to also be part of my FAL Q4 list.

I quilted it with a crosshatch and backed it with an Ikea grey check. The binding was made from the scraps. It measures approx. 48"x 60", which happens to be perfect for the inbetween bed Miss J. sleeps in at the moment. 

Linking to Melissa and Shannas Oktober Finishes Party.

Till next time,
Iris


2 comments:

  1. What a pretty sampler!!! You did a great job on it - congratulations on your finish!!! So glad you linked up with ALYOF so I could enjoy the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hij is mooi geworden. Jij hebt hem tenminste al helemaal af. Ik alleen nog maar de top.

    ReplyDelete