Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

17 Oct 2015

FNSI results

So yesterday was Friday Night Sew In. It beautifully coincided with a meet up with my Modern Cologne  Quilters group, so technically I may not have sewn in, but I'll let it go if you do too.


Cheers to a friend who couln't make it tonight.
 We meet about once a month in Dorthes (in the picture on the left) shop.
Early evening
 Which is great because everything you could possibly need is there.


There is a nice big table set up in the middle of the shop
 Usually there is about 7 of us, which is nice and easy going. We do crack on, whilst chatting of course. A lot of brainstorming and exchanging goes on.

The majority was working on stars for a QAL
 At the moment 5 of the women have joined Aylins and Sandras Christmas tree QAL. Four of them sewed up a storm last night.

I made some progress as well, albeit slow, but at the end of the evening I had finished my Flying geese block.


Result: Flying geese block
It is one of 4 blocks that are missing from my 2012 Craftsy BOM quilt that I have set as my ALYOF goal for this month. There was lots of reminiscing while I worked on the block as the 2012 Craftsy BOM was my first QAL. It also reminded me why I had't persevered with them. Fast forward 3 years and it was still a tricky one to sew. My seam ripper came out quite a few times. But at the end of the day that is one down and only 3 more to go!

I can't wait to see what the other FNSI participants made, check it out here.

EDIT: I will continue to work on my Craftsy BOM 2012 Quilt and was invited by Cath to link to her Desgin Board Monday, see here

Till next time,
Iris

15 comments:

  1. I never get much sewing done when I get together with sewing friends. Your block is beautiful despite the seam ripping. Good luck with the other three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liebe Iris,
    es war wieder ein wundervoller Abend mit tollen Gesprächen und regem Austausch! Du hast an Deinem Blog gearbeitet, schön ist er geworden!!!
    Bis bald,
    hab ein schönes Wochenende
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es ist aber WIP, aber bin froh mit diesem Zwischenschritt

      Delete
  3. I love all those blocks for the QAL. Well done on completing the flying geese block. I've done one very similar and it's not the easiest thing to put together xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to spend FNSI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely place to meet and sew. Such a pretty block that you completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a really fun evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that flying geese block but I have never attempted it myself....yours looks perfect to me! I have a link party on Mondays at Bits'nBobs called Design Board Monday...I would love you to come over and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Flying Geese block is fantastic! Worth the aggravation I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely evening stitching along with friends .. Your Flying Geese block looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a lot of fun! Loke your block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky to sew with friends. Love all your stars. But the flying geese block is a beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Iris....Thank you for linking...I am so glad you did and I hope you will visit DBM regularly...every Monday on Bits 'n Bobs :)
    Cathxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. As someone new to quilting your flying geese block looks pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep. Definitely will let it slip Iris! You got a double plus. Stitching with friends for real AND virtually! Win -win ISay! Xox

    ReplyDelete