Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

12 Oct 2015

Sewing Retreat a recap

Today two weeks ago I came home from my first ever sewing retreat. It was fantastic!

This was the first thing I saw when I arrived...

It was hosted by the lovely Lisa and Justine from Simply solids. Who did a great job with making everybody feel right at home.

When we first arrived we were given a most generous goody bag.


I had decided to take one project with me, because I really wanted to try to finish this Tula city sampler top.


For the Friday I took part in the drop in session by Lynne about touch draw, which was very enlightening.
After dinner there were a couple of swaps: badges, scraps, FQs.


On the saturday morning I participated on the 'sew together' bag drop in session hosted by the lovely Mandy (@madewithlovebymandy). I have to admit that I was sceptical whether it was possible to finish a sew together bag in the space of 3 hours, but she showed us some crafty shortcuts.


In the afternoon it was time for screen printing with Karin Lewis.


 This was totally new to me, but I had great fun.


I can't wait to make zippy pouch out of my fabrics.

On the sunday morning there was time for one more drop in session:
Lynne's paper piecing drop in session
And in between all of it I sewed very feverish and managed to piece the 100 blocks together.
Tahdah I managed to finish the top....almost
All I need to do now to finish it is piece one more border around it....

My secret sewer really spoiled me.
Over the three days there was also a secret sewer swap that I participated in. I feel very spoiled indeed by my secret sewer. I was lucky enough to receive a lovely goody, goody binding kit, a pincushion glas kilner jar and as a grand finale a Noodlehead tote, All in an art gallery line (indelible) I adore.

Things I learned? Quilters are lovely easy going people, that think nothing of signing up with 29 other complete strangers to sew and I need to take more pictures!

Thank you again to Justine and Lisa, for making this happen and I hope to be there again next year.

Till next time,
Iris



1 comment:

  1. Hi Iris,
    this Noodlehead tote is gorgeous!!! You were really spoiled. And the screen printing is great, too. Maybe, you can explain that to me on Friday and bring the flower screen pattern. I am impressed that you were really able to finish the Tula Pink quilt. See you soon, Martina

    ReplyDelete