Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

13 Nov 2015

Oktober Sky: a finish

Today I want to share with you a finish! After two weeks of belly bug kids (with no to very little sewing) I manage to catch up a little this week. Recently Esther was asking for testers for her super versatile Oktober Sky pattern. This pattern comes in 2 sizes and a gazillion options.


I chose to make the 10"block. The blocks are very scrap happy with all the different stripes that can be used in this pattern. 


When it then came to the quilting I opted for a very minimalistic approach. A few stitch in the ditch squares that then echo into others.


I couldn't resist putting this fussy cut bicycle in as it should be a little reminder of the maker. I consider bikes to be a very, very dutch thing.


For the backing I took Wild flowers from Camelot fabrics and chose a hotel finish.

Be sure to check out Esthers pattern HERE.

I am linking this with:
Crazymomquilts finish it up friday
T.G.I.F.F. over at Quilt Matters today
Scraptastic tuesday over at shecanquilt
FAL Q4 finishes party as this one was part of my FAL Q4 list
ALYOF finishes party as it was also my ALYOF November goal

Till next time,
Iris

7 comments:

  1. Great job with the pattern! Love the colours you chose and the fussy cut bike -- totally reminds me of the bikes and windmills we saw in the Netherlands when we visited 12 years ago. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iris - What a lovely job, The fussy cut is one of my favorites with a bicycle in it. I have never made a square in a square , or something like it. But that is a goal for next year. Hope all is well in the Netherlands. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun scrappy pillow. I love the checks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the checks! So very fun.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a busy little pillow! Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete