Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

17 Dec 2015

TGIFF! Disappearing 9 patch

Welcome to all on this TGIFF!

Today I am sharing with you one of my recent finishes. 'About time!', I hear you say? Yes it has been rather quiet on this site since November. BUT there was a reason for that: I have been working like mad on my first teaching courses.

That's right I will be teaching courses in my LQS: Lalala Patchwork, Quilting and more. From this January on I have courses planned on Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings. Check out my Kurse page. I am very excited about this new adventure.


One of the first courses is a beginners baby quilt course. In 4 sessions (thursday evenings) we will make a baby quilt from beginning to end, walking through all the different stages together. For the pattern I decided to take a disappearing nine patch block.


 For this baby quilt I used Art Gallery fabrics from the Gossamer line in lovely pastel shades.

It measures 40" square and the backing is pieced from the scraps I had left after piecing the front.



I love a disappearing  nine patch because it looks like a lot of work, when it really is one of the quickest and simplest blocks to piece.


So what have you finished this week? Please share with us in the link below.


15 comments:

  1. I love the colours in this baby quilt! Very nice. Congrats on the new course. And thank you for hosting TGIFF this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Izzy, I am very excited. And thank you for linking of course ;)

      Delete
  2. Liebe Iris! Schön, dass wir ab Januar zusammen arbeiten! Ich freue mich sehr darüber!
    Hab schöne Weihnachten
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Iris! Ich freue mich sehr darüber, dass wir ab Januar zusammen arbeiten werden!
    Hab schöne Weihnachten
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ich freu mich auch ein loch im Bauch und kann es kaum abwarten :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is so sweet! I love this pattern, and the colors you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, I think it really paid of using fabrics from the same line for this one. Although my heart is scrappy occasionally these project come by and they do always look nicely combined.

      Delete
  5. Yeah! You're teaching! How very exciting to be moving in a new direction. You're quilt will be a hit, and inspirational to your students. Congratulations, Iris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, it definitely goes in the category: if it scares me... see your own post.

      Delete
  6. Disappearing 9 patch is such a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on teaching classes. I hope you have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish. Good luck with teaching your class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great. Congrats on teaching! It's very rewarding especially if you are enthusiastic because it's totally contagious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the teaching courses! Your quilt looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors are so sweet in the D9P. Your students will love it!

    ReplyDelete