Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

11 Feb 2016

On a trip to Dresden


as mentioned in my previous post I want to catch up on some of the finishes I recently made many of which were as course preparations.

The first course I gave was a Dresden Plate with a modern twist. I even wrote a tutorial on it which I will publish separately. 

Around the christmas holidays I made a couple of place mats and to make them look wintery I was toying with the idea  of ice crystals. I don't know what made me think of the dresden ruler, but I started working with different sizes dresden petals. Et voila, a couple of dresden place mats, winter style:



As background fabric I used linen and H640 iron-on-fleece to give the place mate some sturdiness. I liked the outcome and decided to do another one, but see how it would work with a scrappy look.


This one however I turned into a cover for my quilt planner using Amandas tutorial. It gives a totally different feel, but I equally like it. The whole thing gave me such a buzz and really got my creativity flowing. I haven't seen it done before, but find it hard to believe it hasn't been done before. But the feeling of following your own ideas and impulses is one I wouldn't mind more of.

Front

Back

And don't forget to come back monday and link to :

Linking to Amanda Jeans finish it up friday
TGIFF hosted by Leanne this week
Scraptastic tuesday from She can quilt

Till next time,
Iris



14 comments:

  1. First one makes me think of Frozen! Great creativity. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Nicky, yup I got one Miss Elsa (or Anna depending on day and mood) here as well. Belting out to let it go, it undeniably will have had an influence ;)

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful. The planner cover is wonderful but I really love the placemats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  3. These are fantastic interpretations of the Dresden plate! I especially love your cover for your planner. Thanks for linking to TGIFF :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and your welcome ;)

      Delete
  4. Great idea, they really do look like crystals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look awesome! Great idea for the design.

    ReplyDelete