Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

19 Feb 2016

Disappearing 9 patch twins

I working again on catching up on some of the finishes I had not gotten round to sharing yet. So this week I want to share with you the 2 baby quilts I made at the beginning of the year.

Twin girl 1 quilt front
At the end of November 2015, my brother and sister-in-law became the proud parents of twins baby girls.

Hearts quilted on twin girl 1s quilt
I wasn't quite ready to send in December then January came and went, but in the first week of February I send the quilts and am happy to say the girls (and their papa and mama) were extremely happy with them.

Twin girl 1 quilt back
I chose a disappearing 9 patch block for both quilts, because I love how the cut up blocks can give a scrappy look while still coming together easy and swiftly.

Twin girl 2 front
The girls are fraternal, like my boys. So for the twin element I chose the same pattern, but to emphasise their differences I chose for a few differentiations. To start with the fabric: I decided to go for 2 totally different bundles, but both quits are mostly Dashwoodstudio fabrics.

twin girl 2 flower quilting
I also differentiated in the quilting. The first quilt I quilted with meandering hearts all over, while the second one got meandering flowers.

twin girl 2 quilt back
The last differentiation was the backing. For the first quilt I used fleece as backing, whereas for the second quilt I picked a towelling fabric. 

This was the first foto shoot where my oldest could help me, it was great fun.

Please join me on Monday as I host the Modern Patch Monday link party over at the modern cologne quilter:


Linking to Amanda Jean for finish it friday
Linking to TGIFF hosted by Lisa today
Linking to Sarah for Can I get a Whoop Whoop  friday

till monday,
Iris

7 comments:

  1. These are great quilts for twins Iris. It's nice that they are similar but different. I also like that they aren't too babyish and will grow with the girls. Great job on the quilting. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty quilts, and I'm sure they will be well-loved! I also love seeing your little photography assistant - it reminds me of the days my granddaughter used to "help" me, when she was very little - usually popping under the quilts to appear in the pics! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your disappearing 9 patch. Did you strategically place the lighter fabrics somewhere or just random?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun quilts times two! Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love disappearing nine patch, such a versatile pattern. Both quilts look so pretty, nice finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colours for each quilts. Very feminine without being overly girly or babyish. Great work!

    ReplyDelete