Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

4 Mar 2016

How I got aquinted with Kaffe

I recently participated in the 4 seasons Pillow swap. My partner was a relative newbie to swaps and so there were not that many picture to go by in order to get a feel for taste. From her form it became very clear that she really liked Kaffe Fasset.
I had not had the opportunity to aquint myself properly with Mr Fasset, but that is what I love about a swap: there is a challenge. What I liked even more was that Karen helped me out by sending me a ton of scraps, quilters are the best! It turned out I did have an FQ of Kaffe lying in my stash, must have been from the beginning when I was clueless about names.


One of my partner Mosaic images was of (I think) Kaffee Fassets jewelled box pattern. I took it as inspiration and set of relatively improv, patching and matching as I went along. I do find Mr Fasset on the bold side, so I 'toned it down' a bit by adding some solids into the mix. The result was well received and I was also very happy with the outcome.



I added a hidden zip after the classic tutorial of Svetlana. And picked up some Kaffee Fasset for the back from my local LQS. All in all a very successful swap. The next sign up round opens next monday, so if you want to participate: the link is at the beginning of this post.

Linking to Amanda Jean for finish it friday
Linking to TGIFF hosted by Laura today
Linking to Sarah for Can I get a Whoop Whoop  friday

See you next time,
Iris

7 comments:

  1. Lovely pillow, sure to please a Kaffe lover. Too much Kaffe can become a bit overwhelming, so the addition of solids was a great choice. This is my fist time here - I am coming from TGIFF. Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cushion and a good use of the solids too.
    Smiles from
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kafe looks good toned down with the solids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kafe looks good toned down with the solids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Mr Kaffe and you get alonf nicely! This is a lovely, bright, happy pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pillow. Your use of solids is wonderful with the bright flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're totally right regarding swaps - there is a challenge. This would have been a challenge for me as well - I'm not really a fan of Fassett fabrics. But I'm happy that your partner loves her new pillow - you really made it a perfect swap for her :-)

    ReplyDelete