Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

17 Apr 2016

Divided basket

This weekend started with a Friday Night Sew In (FNSI) organised by Wendy. For a while I've had my eye on Noodleheads divided basket pattern, so when the girl needed a new bag for her Dutch school I found myself back in the pattern shop. We chose the 241 tote bag for her, and a little something for me too ;).

So on Friday night I cut all the pieces and fused all the fleece/stabiliser. I fully meant to finish it on Saturday, but life happened and a trip to the library took much longer then expected and the husband and I had tickets to a concert that night. 

So I finished it today

Front

Back

The basket came together really easily (as all of Noodle-heads patterns). I will need to have a play with different fleeces. I really want to try it with soft and stable. For this current version I applied H250 and an even stiffer stabiliser for the divider, so it made for a very light basket. I suppose it depends on how you  intend to use it. Since this is my 'test' model I am keeping it. It will be great for storing a scrap project I have in mind.

I'll be hosting this project tomorrow on Modern Patch Monday 
So what have you been up to this weekend?
till next time,
Iris





3 comments: