Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

22 May 2016

Hands2Help challenge 2016

I participated in the Hands2help challenge 2016 hosted by Sarah.


She chose 3 charities to who you can donate a quilt. I choose to donate my quilt to Happy Chemo, an organization that provides quilts and comfort for chemo patients.



I posted about this quilt before here where I explained how the top became the way it is.



 After that post I set of to Dorthes Shop where I spend 2 hours on the longarm.
I was my first time quilting a quilt on the longarm so I decided to stick to what I knew and just have fun.



 I do think it works really well uniting all the blocks together to one quilt.




For the binding I opted for a tone in tone grey, rather then a scrappy binding which was my first idea and I am glad I changed my mind. I am really chuffed with how this quilt came together and am very proud to send it to such a good cause.

 I didn't want to deprive you of this action shot;)
I am linking this post to the following linkypartys:

Be sure to pop back on friday when I am hosting TGIFF this week


till then,
Iris

9 comments:

  1. It looks great! The overall stipple gives it such nice texture. I agree, the gray binding is perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty bright and cheerful quilt. It will give loves of quilty hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, love the great colors. I just love the shades of blue with the cheerful orange. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on producing such a lovely quilt and donating it to a worthwhile cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt and a very worthy organization! I love the colors in this quilt, different but perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you quilting! Good job! Your quilt is lovely - thanks for participating in the Challenge this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely bright quilt and a great cause too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you hooked on the long arm now? So fun to see it come together.

    ReplyDelete