Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

3 Jul 2016

a case of paying it forward

At the end of May I unexpectedly received this great parcel from the lovely Sandra




I have followed Sandras blog for a while now. She too is a dutch person living abroad plus there is the Ireland connection. I am married to an Irish man and she lives in County Cork, Ireland. In June Last year she posted a post about crafting it forward. I had heard and seen people do this before, but was never able to participate. 

I love the idea of paying it forward. The idea is that you make/craft something for someone and send it to them, that person in turn will then do the something for other people. There is no tit for tat, but it is just doing a nice thing for someone else. If everybody did this the world would be a nicer place. I find it hard not the be inspired by this.

So I guess it is my turn: 
Please respond to this post. From the comments I will pick 3 people that I will surprise at some point over the over the next 6 months with  something handmade in the mail. In the hope/understanding that they in turn may be inspired to do something similar.

So what do you say, are you up for it?

till next time,
Iris

5 comments:

  1. This is the second post I've seen of this idea of crafting it forward. It's a wonderful idea. I like that you have a long time frame because then when the recipient gets the gift it comes as a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea, and the long time frame makes it a surprise, and also means that there's no pressure to make things. They're made because you want to

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had done something similar to this about 5 years ago. I got so much enjoyment out of the project. I still cherish the tote bag made of charm squares that I received. For my project I made an applique quilt project bag. I agree, it is so much fun to get a package in the mail with something that was made with you in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a pleasure to make a surprise for you, I'm glad you are able to pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe iris,

    das ist eine sehr schöne Idee. Kenne ich bereits aus dem Deutschsprachigen Bloggerraum. Da gab es mal die Aktion den ersten, der solch einen Post im Kommentarfeld beantwortet ein Jahr immermal wieder mit einer kleinen Geste zu erfreuen. An sich eine total schön Idee und liebevolle Geste.

    LG Judith

    LG Judith

    ReplyDelete