Because I am and I do

Because I am and I do.

18 Jul 2016

miniature Blocks

A couple of weeks ago I was inspired by Karen who posted a tutorial for a pixel play pincushion.
She in her turn was introduced to this technic through a book written by Paula Doyle called Mini Mosaic Quilts.
The technic is quite simple and virtually fool proof. I used H200 fuseable fleece. For more details check Karens post out, she wrote an excellent tutorial. 

This technic is exactly the reason why I hold on to even the tiniest scrap. I had some 2" HST scraps left over from some flying geese units I made and decided to have a play.



And because the 2" HST blocks generated left overs themselves I even made a mini version of the miniature pincushions I created.


The bigger pincushions finished at 3", the plus block one is 2,5" x 2" perfect fit for my sew together bag.


What I especially love about this is that it is so incredibly versatile and quick to make with a small dip into the scrap basket.


These are just the beginning, because I am totally in love with this technic. Next I will try to work little blocks in a pouch or journal cover. The sky is the limit.

I am linking to Modern Patch monday today.


Till next time,
Iris


SaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

  1. How many pincushions would you need if you only made pincushions? (Kidding!) Amanda Jean (Crazy Mom Quilts) must be jealous! I know I am!

    ReplyDelete